Kos Manor was built in 1521 by Žiga Dietrichstein, tenant of the Counts of Celje. The Bela peč coat-of-arms is preserved above the balcony door and historical sources refer to it as “old Belapeč castle”. In the 18th century it was owned by the Khevenhüllers from Carinthia, Princes of Eggenberg and Counts of Trillegkh. In 1812 it was bought by merchant Frančišek Pavel Kos who renovated it in 1821. The manor has been named after him. At the end of the 19th century the Carniolan Industrial Company sold the building to Jesenice community. It housed a public school until 1915, during both world wars there were offices, a court of justice and prisons.
Since 1985 the first floor of the renovated manor has been housing a permanent exhibition of the modern history of Jesenice. There is a gallery for occasional exhibitions on the ground floor and a preserved prison cell with an exhibition on anti-national policy in Gorenjska. The municipal protocol hall and a wedding hall are on the second floor.