Between the romanesque and baroque periods
The exhibition presents the area of the Šalek Valley from the first written mentions of the valley in the 12th century to the end of the 17th century, when its medieval society started to disappear. It represents a selection of the most important remains, left behind by a long period of 500 years. The exhibition consists of three parts: the sacral, the rural and the noble, which try to present the division of the medieval society.
In the sacral part, a reconstructed stone altar of St. Judoc from Paški Kozjak from the 17th century, three late gothic statues, sacral tableware and original frescos from the Švarcenštajn castle stand out among the exhibited items. The rural part of the exhibition is presented through the reconstruction of “Kavčnikova dimnica” (Kavčnik’s Smokehouse), while the noble part presents archeological findings and items for everyday use. The central part of the room is dedicated to the enlarged Vischer’s map from 1670, as well as to the model of the Šalek Valley, which presents the church and the castle network of the valley.