Božidar Jakac Art Museum
The beginnings of the Gorjup Gallery in Kostanjevica na Krki reach back to the year of 1956, when it was founded in the Jože Gorjup Primary School by the then headmaster Lado Smrekar. Its permanent exhibition presents a selection of statues, paintings, drawings and graphics from a vast international collection of the 20th century art works.
The Lamut Fine Art Salon has been situated in the former ministerial castle since 1958. It houses temporary exhibitions of both Slovenian and foreign artists.
In 1961 it started organizing the international sculpture symposium called Forma Viva. Somewhat later, in 1974, the centre of activity moved to the former Cistercian monastery where the newly established Božidar Jakac Gallery was situated.
Besides Božidar Jakac, the Gallery also displays the works of the following artists: Jože Gorjup, Tone Kralj, France Kralj, France Gorše, Janez Boljka, Zoran Didek and Bogdan Borčić; also put on display is the Pleterje Collection of Old Masters. The most important art projects are exhibited in the former monastic church.